I think you'll agree with me when I say:
It's really hard to find nursing textbooks about the HESI and NCLEX-RN exams on content knowledge, critical thinking, and test-taking strategies that are right for you because there are so many resources available.
Well, while it's not easy, it's not impossible. As a Nursing tutor and Author, I want to provide you with a list of my top 8 resources I have used and have told my students to use with great success.
Best book list to read to learn as a future nurse:
1. Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination 8th Edition
3. HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination 6th Edition
4. Hurst Review NCLEX-RN Review by Marlene Hurst
5. NCLEX-RN Content Review Guide: Preparation for the NCLEX-RN Examination (Kaplan Test Prep) Eighth Edition by Kaplan Nursing
6. NCLEX-RN Prep Plus: 2 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep) Twenty fourth Edition by Kaplan Nursing
7. NCLEX Medication Review: 300+ Meds You Need to Know for the Exam (Kaplan Test Prep) Ninth Edition by Kaplan Nursing
8. The NCLEX® Playbook: Winning Strategies and Test Taking Methods for NCLEX-RN Success by Jannah Amiel
With this book list, I will provide you with my top 8 resources to use as a future nurse in order to be successful both inside and outside of the classroom. This will be beneficial because you won't have to purchase multiple resources that are recommended to you. And you won't have to trial and error them before finding the ones that are most recommended and found to be effective, like I did. These books are available at Barnes & Noble and anywhere books are sold.